Tuesday, August 28, 2012

1st Day of 1st Grade

I woke Eli up bright and early today to get ready for his 1st day of 1st grade.  The only problem was...it was raining!  His school typically has an assembly in the schoolyard on the 1st day and announces classrooms and teachers (you don't know prior to this).  Well the rain puts the Ka-bosh on this because his building does not have any rooms that are large enough to hold that many people. 
It was so anticlimatic just walking him up to the door and the teachers told him to go to room 1B.  The parents all scrambled on their smartphones to see which teacher correlated to which homeroom.  Since I don't have a smartphone, I had to find a computer to see who his teacher is.  I have no opinion either way since I don't know either teacher so I can't complain.



 
Last year the entire family walked up to depost Eli at school.  This year, I drove him.  I don't like when the weather messes up my traditions!


Bye Nate!

Ben Ben!

Bye Sam!

Bye Dada!

Let's go Mama!

#1 for 1st grade!!!

new backpack!
 
The report I got after school was that he was super excited to finally have a SmartBoard in his class!  Yay!  He also will be sent to a different room for Math.  I had no idea that they started to "level" aka "homogeneous mix" kids that early.  I just wonder if he's in the high group or the low group for reading and math...hmm...
Cheers to a good year!

No comments: