Sunday, September 2, 2012

Labor Day S'mores

Every Labor Day we head up to my dad's to hang out at his cottage.  We alternate between swimming or having a campfire.  While the skies were clear, the temps weren't really "swimming" temps.  We opted for building a campfire instead.

I was in charge of collecting kindling with Eli.
 
 I was in charge of this branch...until it was in charge of me and
I went tushie over tea kettle down the hill behind me.

Eli's getting all his sticks in a row.
 
 The Eagle Scout gets things started.
 
 "This one has to go here for a perfect Tee-Pee formation."
or something super Eagle Scout-y.

Oooohhh!  A caterpillar!
 


Nate tries his first s'more
 
 Sam was not interested!
 
 Ben sinks his teeth in!
 
 Is this why they call them s'mores?

 
'cuz I want s'more!
 
Natey goes back for s'more.
 
Dave was so full from his s'mores that he needed a nap.
 
 Eli decided that he needed a carrot to wash down all the marshmallows.
 
 Ben concurred.
 
Sam followed suit.
 
 
 
On the way home, we saw a large black creature on the side of the road. 
Dave thought it would be a good idea to pull over to the side of Rt 93,
back up in the breakdown lane, and take pictures of the bear. 

 
By the time we got to it, s/he had scampered off into the woods. 
 If you look to the right of the double tree in the center,
and you zoom in 300%, you can see it.
 


No comments: