Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hanging up the Horns

I've reached my 6 month pumping goal and it's time to hang up the horns.  It's a bittersweet moment though.  I'm glad about the time I'll be able to spend with everybody & not worry about being "attached" to a machine for hours a day.  I'm proud of how much I was able to provide.  I was blessed with a decent supply and was able to feed all 3 guys for 6 months with little to no supplemental formula.


I'm a little sad too.  It's weird. 

To all the mommies who may be reading this who are planning to pump or currently pumping:  for me the 1st 3 months were the hardest.  You need to get in the groove.  Once you're in the groove, it becomes like second nature and everything clicks.

So long dear friend...
 

PS...I wish I looked this good while I was pumping...

This is more like what I looked like...

 Here's some of the liquid gold I dropped off at the NICU...

Retiring with my Silver Medal

1 comment:

Barb said...

That's awesome! I'm also going to 6 months (one more month to go), but I had to supplement for my 3. I'm very impressed (and a little jealous :))you made enough for 3! Congrats on finishing!