Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Kindergarten

With a tear in my eye, I shipped Eli off to Kindergarten this morning.  He was previously familiar with the building as he visited it many times last year, but it was still a bit weepy for me.

We all gathered on the playground/parking lot to wait to be called into classrooms.  His principal stepped up to the microphone and led us in morning prayers and the pledge.  Then it was time to call classrooms.  Since he's in Kindergarten, he was called 1st.  He was placed in the K-B classroom with a teacher who his cousins have had so I've only heard good things about her.  He has one of his bestest buddies in his class too and both boys were relieved to see that.

He's got 1/2 days this week and then transitions to full days starting after Labor Day.  Since I'm back to school I had to drop him off and speed over to my school to get there in time for our 1st day of school too.  Yikes!!!  I called home on my lunch break and he was pretty excited about everything and said he's got 2 homework papers for me and 1 homework paper for him...Let the paperwork begin!!!




D-E
B-N-S
Gotta love Sammy's expression

No comments: