Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's like a heat wave...

Still no shift key...oy...

So many parts of the country are experiencing a heat wave.  Last summer was a doozy and Boston reported more than 20 days of 90 degree weather.  To us, that's hot...to other places, that's the norm.  The last heat wave we experienced, I was shackin' up at MGH so I didn't really feel the full effects of it...

yup...that's on the side of my house...
To beat the heat, we need to be creative. One day I created the ''Ghetto Sprinkler Park'' for the babies. I folded a tarp in quarters, put up the hexagon gate, and put the sprinkler inside. It worked out well until I got panicky about the puddles forming on the tarp. Then I felt stuck because I couldn't leave them alone to bring any inside. I almost had a heart attack...then Dave came home. Now with 2 adults, one could wait with the babies and one could shuttle them inside.

Sam-Ben-Nate

Nate

Ben

Sam

Another way to stay cool in the ghetto is to beg somebody to let us use their pool.  It works out much better when you can bring cute babies along for them to coo over.  Now to accomplish this, I highly advise at least a one big person to one baby ratio.  For this, I enlisted our helper and my former student, Allie.  Her mom works with me and made the mistake of offering her pool up for us this summer...she probably never thought we'd actually take her up on it.  Allie brought her friend Maggie over to even out the ratio and make sure we had enough hands on deck.

Nate

Sam

Ben

The baby train w/ Allie.

The baby train...hop on...

Eli
Now, before you think I'm a psycho color coding freak...
if you haven't already come to that conclusion...
Please note...
Yes, the floats are color coded.  This was purely accidental.  Nate's was a hand-me-down from Eli and the other 2 were purchased 2nd hand at my MoM sale.  I had no idea that they were the baby's colors...I SWEAR...sometimes things just work out...

No comments: