So with that title, did you assume we would be talking about cute babies singing lullabies? If so, you don't know me very well...
We're not talking about little lullabies...
We're talking about prison, baby...
Because our house was built about 80 years ago, there are some design issues. Between our living room and dining room, we have a double-wide doorway that makes it almost impossible to fit a gate. It is 60 inches. Most gates are way too short for this particular opening. When we looked for one for Eli, I was very picky...no metal, no plastic...I wanted it to be wood and blend in with the house. It worked out well. Eventually, we took it out and stored it in the basement.
We reinstalled it for the boys about a month ago...Well they already broke it. It's questionable though that Eli might have broken it since he couldn't figure out how to open it and always wanted to be let out or in when I was in the middle of changing a diaper or feeding a baby. He would get impatient and try to get through it on his own...well...not so much.
Once it was broken, it would just swing back and forth and Sammy could just push through and be off to the litter box in no time. We fashioned a blockade with rolly carts on either side so he couldn't make a break for it, but we knew we needed a new gate.
I browsed around a bit on Amazon and found one...a metal one...it's heavy duty, baby.
Dave installed it last night...
| Let me out of here... Nate-Sam-Ben |
| Can I open it with my nose? Ben |
| C'mon...I just want to lift some weights in the yard with my homies... |
I had to open a Word document, insert a question mark and then copy and paste it into this text box...yeah...I know...I'm a genius...
1 comment:
I'd love to know what gate you bought. Our stairs are 40" or more and I'm having issues with finding a gate as well. I don't know what I'll do for the living room as it's open into the kitchen and dining room. It's basically one huge room :(
Post a Comment