Yeseterday I schlepped Sam & Nate in for their follow up bloodwork. I say schelp because my pedi's office isn't exactly set up for multiples. I had to carry them in (in their carseats) through 2 doors that swing out (not slide & aren't automatic...they're manual). Then I told the girl at the desk I was there to do bloodwork.
OK. Head on up.
You got that right. I had to head on UP. UP 2 flights of stairs. But first, through a swinging half door. For that I had to go through twice (go through & drop a baby off. go back and get the other baby and go through again) and a dad and his teenage son both watched me. So up 2 flights of stairs I go carrying two 17+lb babies in their carseats...
Yes at the same time...I've got to work out somehow...
Did I mention how narrow the stairs are???
So we get up to the top and the bloodwork was no problem. Just finger pricks. Both boys sucked away on their binkies and didn't make a peep. Then I load them back in their carseats to go back down the stairs. One of the two lab girls says to me...
I don't know how you're going to get down those stairs.
Ummmmm....
YOU COULD HELP, YOU MORON!!!
I politely say I've got it all under control and that my chiropractor loves it when I do these kinds of stunts. I get to the bottom of the stairs without dropping anybody.
Success!!!
So then back through the swinging 1/2 door thing (which is now swinging in my favor on the way out) and out the 2 sets of doors that I manually have to open.
Phew!!! We made it!!!
Oh, yeah...and did I mention???
The bloodwork came back fine! Whatever the problem was has resolved itself!!!
YAY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment