I snuck down to tour the NICU today. It was definitely different than I had expected...in a good way. I was envisioning a giant room with isolets and people running around taking care of babies. It was very calm and quiet and there were private rooms!
They actually have 2 rooms with 3 beds. If necessary and possible the boys would be able to room together. This might not happen at first depending on who's where and who needs what, but it's good to know that it's possible. They also have rooms with 2 beds with sliding doors to a room with 1 bed too. The rooms also have couches for napping parents. Siblings are allowed so Eli should be excited. I forget exactly what the visitor policy is...oops!
I also got a roomie yesterday. I guess there's an overflow b/c all the babies that were due in August waited until September so there's babies and mommies everywhere. I don't really know how to describe this girl (literally) who's rooming with me...oy vey! I've got to keep my mouth shut about these things!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment