Monday, September 20, 2010

1 Week Birthday & Graduation

So...I arrive in the boys' room today and there are a million people with computers and clipboards standing by Ben's bed. I had a heartattack!!! They were just doing rounds so I relaxed a bit...phew!!! One of the doctors told me that there were 3 openings upstairs in the Level 2 (special care) nursery so they were getting moved. AHHHH!!! I was not prepared for that.

Today also happens to be the day when my crazy hormones kicked in and I cried at everything. Mostly happy tears about them being moved. I do wish they were moving home to our hospital, but waiting for 3 beds to open when there are only 10 is going to take awhile. It will be so weird going to a different nursery to see them. It's a little sad too because they were in a private room and they had awesome nurses. I hugged the nurses (not a typical thing for me...it must be hormones!) and cried all the way out the door.

I did get to see Ben "move" before I left. I had to sneak out before rush hour so I didn't see the other 2. They really didn't have a timeline, so I have no idea how long it would have been.

When getting ready to move Ben, the attending came in and told me how inspired she was when working with my boys. Yikes! More tears! They truly are an inspiration and a blessing. I am so proud of them and love them so much already (crying as I type).

Sammy's hanging out and peeing and pooping on the nurses!!!



Also big news: today Nate was off his IV nutrients and on full mama's milk!


Ben's making the big move!!! Way to go!!!

2 comments:

pam said...

this is great to see this thank Jan for letting me into your blog world!! So happy for you all I have been keeping you in my prayers...(Coworker with Jan..Pam Larocque)

Sandi and Mike said...

Awww...I love mush ball Renee!! I can't wait to meet the new men in your life!!! Keep up the woodwork mama!!