Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dr. Seuss 1st Birthday Extravaganza

We decided to do a Dr. Seuss theme for the babies' 1st birthday.  I thought it was a cute idea and figured they won't be letting me choose the theme for long, so I should get it in while I still can.

We had perfect weather and they day was super busy and fun.  We decided to keep it small and only invite about 60 people.  I think about 40ish showed up.  There were tons of cousins and kids and craziness all around. 

I had their outfits custom made by Stephanie Kessler, a triplet mom in Chicago.  You can look her up on Facebook under Perfectly Imperfect Creations. 




For the food, I decided to keep with the theme and almost everything was related to Dr. Seuss in some way.  It's been months of research, but I think I pulled it off.
Decorations were easy. We used Eli's Dr. Seuss books.  I had tons of bulletin board stuff from school.  I added some new stuff to my collection too.  I made a banner on VistaPrint to hang above them while they ate their cupcakes.  I also made a big birthday banner and name banners for the table.  I also made the tissue paper puffs and hung punch balls up (no balloons for a change).

I really wanted to order these super cute birthday crowns on Etsy, but at $20/each, it wasn't going to happen.  Instead, I made them party hats with the fabric I used for table cloths and a million other things.
The Thing 1, 2, 3 onesies were ordered off Stuff4Multiples.com.  My friend, Sarah, make the red velvet cupcakes for the Thing 1, 2, and 3.  We just added the blue cotton candy hair and the labels.  She made mini ones for the guests as well.

At the last minute, I decided to make Oobleck...Yikes!!!  At least the kids liked it.

We had a table set up with the donation bucket for the March of Dimes and Project Sweet Peas.  Also on the table were a candy guess jar, a Dr. Seuss Qui-via, and the favors.

We got so many monetary donations and small items for the Project Sweet Peas bags.  We're so grateful to all that came and made donations.  It was a whirlwind of a day and I hope the boys enjoyed themselves!!! 

No comments: